ATTORNEY GREGORIA SÁNCHEZ
Attorney Sánchez is a practicing lawyer in Spain and also a member of the Bar Association in the State of New York.
After studying law at the University of Barcelona and working as a fellow at “ICEX” (Foreign Trade Institute of Spain) in the Commercial Office of the Spanish Embassy in Sydney, Australia, Gregoria Sánchez settled in New York, where she graduated at Brooklyn Law School, under the international students´ program of Foreign Trained Lawyers. Attorney Sanchez became a member of the New York Bar Association, and after working for two prominent firms in New York handling international matters, she started her own practice in New York City.
Attorney Sánchez has lectured in both Spain and the United States on various topics related to international and European law. She was Chair of the International Law Committee of the NYC Women´s Bar Association, through which she participated in seminars and conferences on private international law. Ms. Sánchez has also worked with and on behalf of several Spanish non-profit organizations in New York (including, Casa de Galicia and Centro Español).
Ms. Sánchez is fluent in Spanish and English. She has also good knowledge of other European languages such as French, Italian and Portuguese. Her ability to work in several legal systems and her multilingual abilities allow her to serve a broad spectrum of our clients. This makes her a tremendous asset to our firm, further broadening our ability to handle all types of international law cases.
- Corporate and Transactional law;
- Domestic and International Family Law;
- Tax law, including International Tax Treaties to avoid double taxation;
- Trusts and Estates, including cross-borders Estates;
- Local Administrative Matters, such as obtaining Social Security and INEM certificates and other Spanish public and private records; authentication and certification of documents, Apostilles and Translations.