Boston & Miami Immigration Lawyers
Mercado & Rengel provides immigration assistance to individuals and corporate clients. We begin with a comprehensive consultation in which an immigration lawyer will review your immigration goals, and analyze your eligibility for any of the various programs available through the US Government. We have collectively been practicing immigration law for more than 20 years and our immigration clients include individuals, multinational corporations and other business organizations that employ foreign nationals on a temporary and permanent basis in the United States. Mercado & Rengel also represents individuals, including professionals, entrepreneurs, artists, entertainers and athletes seeking either temporary or permanent residence.
There are numerous visas for immigration and travel to the US, some of the most common are outlined below and further explained on this site.
- Non-immigrant visas are available for temporary visits to the U.S. for tourism, study, or work, these fall within the B Category — a B1 Conference/Business Visa or a B2 Medical/Tourism Visa.
- However, if you wish to enter the country for a longer period to work and live in the USA, you may need to apply for an L1 Visa (Executive Transfer) or H1-B Visa (Employment).
- Those who wish to invest in in a business in the USA may obtain either an E1 or E2 Visa (Investor/Treaty Trader).
- Those with “extraordinary” or “exceptional” ability in their field may qualify for a visa via the EB-1 and EB-2 Visa categories.
- The EB-3 Visa, EB-4 Visa and EB-5 Visa are also designed to allow qualifying individuals to apply for permanent residency in the USA through employment opportunities.
- In addition, students may study in America through an F1, M1, H3 or a J-1 Visas.
- There also exist O and P Visas for artists, writers, performers or athletes.
- There are also Immigrant Visas ((IR1 or CR1) for spouses of US citizens as well as minor children (under 21 years of age).
- The annual Diversity Visa Lottery also known as the Green Card Lottery is a US government program that makes 55,000 Permanent Resident cards available via an electronic lottery open to nationals of selected countries.
The United States immigration process is notoriously complicated and it can often prove difficult for those wishing to migrate to the U.S., we at Mercado & Rengel have the experience to help you successfully traverse this complex system. We will prepare all of the documents necessary to file your application with the US department of Homeland Security (USCIS) or the applicable U.S. Embassy.