We at Mercado & Rengel are uniquely positioned to also offer direct personal legal representation in Spain (and Europe for that matter) in criminal proceedings of all types. We bring to your case our combined experience of more than 20 years in the defense of persons accused of serious crimes. We not only speak English, but we offer native English speakers educated in the United States. We are one of the only firms to offer criminal defense lawyers with actual experience in the courts of the United States and Spain.
We are experienced criminal lawyers, but we are not averse to collaborating with other lawyers in Spain, Colombia and the U.S. courts which allows us to offer a truly international criminal defense team.
Mercado & Rengel assumes each criminal defense fully cognizant of the fact that the interests of the client is paramount and aware that the job requires complete trust and devotion to their interests without any prejudice or hesitation.
We are intimately familiar with every facet of criminal law from investigations, arrest, accusation, trial, and appeal. Among the areas in which we practice are:
- Forfeiture laws and the risks to personal assets and property in connection with the commission of crimes;
- Crimes against traffic safety and alcohol related offenses;
- Domestic abuse and violence against women (rape, sexual assault, etc.);
- Crimes against property (fraud, theft, embezzlement);
- Drug offenses against public health and drugs trafficking;
- Fraud, misrepresentation;
- Assault, battery, murder and all other types of violent crimes;
- Traffic accidents;
- Defense in computer crimes, new technologies, internet, and other cyber-crimes;
- Juvenile court proceedings;
- Pardons and appeals;
- Assistance to those detained in police custody;
- Interpol (Red Notices).
When your freedom is at stake, it is well worth the effort to get a second opinion or to consult with experienced criminal defense lawyers like Mercado & Rengel who speak and understand your language.